Of course, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention a couple of desired features, but they would just be icing on the cake:
1. Ability to link 2 exercises in a workout as a "super-set"
2. Add an exercise option to track resting period between sets and/or the ability to add more than 1 custom field, because I've found on exercises I've already added a custom field for ("Add weight next time?" for example), if I try to also add "Rest period," it overwrites my "Add weight next time?" custom field.
3. Ability to add overall duration and overall notes to an entire day's workout for quick back reference.
My workout notebook was about the last paper-based tool that I hadn't taken digital yet, because most of the fitness apps in the App Store are geared more towards creating workouts than simply logging your own workouts that you already do.
I can't say enough how perfectly BodyBook does everything I want it to, and just the amount of thought and intuitiveness that went into creating this is astounding.
Seriously, this is the first and only review I've written, because it's the only App that has ever done everything I wanted and more, and this is only version 1.0!
Last, but not least, (in fact, probably most important of all), I emailed the creator just to thank him for such a high-quality app, and I added a few minor feature requests. Well, he replied within the hour with a detailed list of what he's planning to implement, along with questions on exactly what I was looking for in future features.
If you ever plan on doing another workout in your life, buy this right now!
I have bought and tried several of the other applications for workout tracking and I must say this is the best by far.
I particularly like the fact that exercises are very accessible and input is made easy while working out. The history tracking is very good (editable etc.) and it is great that you can make customized graphs. The backup and export functionality is also appreciated. I would like to see some more features though (to make it even better):
1. Ability to customize the pie chart input. E.g. select which exercises/groups to include in the pie chart.
2. A picture tells more than a thousand words. It would be fantastic if one could attach or take a picture when inputting the weight/height/bmi - you are most likely by the scale and in front of a mirror anyway.
3. I currently use the custom exercise field to track other body measurements like waist and chest measurement. - This is great since I am not particularly interested in my weight only. It would however be perfect if this was inputted in a similar way as for weight/height. As these are body measurement and not exercises (and not part of pie chart etc.).
4. Making weight graphs from exercises with several reps is plotted as the sum of all weights from the reps. E.g. 10x80kg 8x90kg and 6x100kg = plotted as 270kg. It would be more informative if the 3 reps were plotted as separate points and/or an average of the 3 was used for the line (possibly max and min as separate curves would be nice too).
Thank you for this application – It really makes a difference in my workout routine.